This HDMI over Fiber Transmitter is designed to extend your 4K UHD HDMI signal using a single segment of multi-mode optical fiber cable. Using fiber optical cable provides many advantages over traditional copper-based extension methods, including immunity to RF and magnetic interference, thinner and lighter cables, and much longer extension distances (up to 300 meters per segment). Multiple fiber Transceiver units can be placed between the Transmitter and Receiver to greatly extend the total extension distance via cascading (up to 300 additional meters per Transceiver) if the extra distance or flexibility is desired.
The HDMI input and output of this unit supports resolutions up to 4K@60Hz (4:4:4, 8-bit), 10/12-bit HDR, 16-bit Deep Color up to 1080p@60Hz, HD audio formats and other features defined by the HDMI 2.0 specification. The HDMI and Fiber outputs of this unit are mirrored, however HDMI sources with bandwidth higher than 10.2Gbps are automatically chroma and/or bit-depth subsampled for transmission over the fiber output. Six pre-defined internal EDIDs, two external EDID selections and a User uploaded EDID are available for EDID management. The unit provides intuitive front panel controls as well as RS-232, Telnet and WebGUI control options.
- HDMI with 3D & 4K@60Hz with HDR support
- DVI 1.0 compliant with the use of an HDMI-DVI adaptor
- HDCP 2.2 and 1.x compliant
- 1 HDMI (18Gbps) input
- Mirrored HDMI (18Gbps) and fiber (10.2Gbps, LC pair, multimode) outputs
- Supports UHD resolutions up to 4K@60Hz (4:4:4, 8-bit)
- Supports 16-bit Deep Color up to 1080p@60Hz
- HDMI sources with bandwidth higher than 10.2Gbps are automatically chroma and/or bit-depth subsampled for transmission over the fiber output
- Supports pass-through of audio formats: LPCM 2.0/5.1/7.1, Bitstream, and HD Bitstream
- Comprehensive EDID management support including 6 pre-defined internal EDIDs, 2 external EDIDs, and 1 User uploaded EDID
- Compatible with the 3×2 HDMI and Fiber Matrix Transceiver (optional)
- Fiber transmission distances of up to 300 meters
- Supports control via front panel, WebGUI, Telnet, and RS-232