This module has been developed to comply with the advanced HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 protocols. Four HDMI inputs may be routed to two HDMI outputs providing flexible configurations in order to fit different scenarios. The HDMI inputs and outputs support HDMI signals up to 18Gbps (600 MHz) including 12-bit color and HDR. Beyond the 600MHz multi-channel video routing this module also features audio breakaway functions (audio insertion and extraction) which can be a valuable addition to any AV product, such as amplifiers, speakers, sound bars, home theater systems, etc. The audio signal goes through via standard I2S. Many audio formats are supported, including LPCM up to 7.1 as well as Bitstream formats. This module also handles EDID management.
This module offers AV designers and manufacturers the ability to improve their existing products by adding advanced features in a cost and time effective manner. Existing or under-design products can be easily upgraded with an HDMI interface or a single HDMI interface can be expanded to multiple interfaces. This module’s dimensions and connections are optimized for easy integration.
The evaluation kit contains an evaluation board, a power supply (5V/4A), as well as the API source code to assist in development for the host microprocessor. All functions, including video routing, audio breakaway, EDID management and HDCP handling will be managed by this embedded module. The API documentation and further technical information will be supplied with an EVB kit order.
- Compact embedded module design for OEM/ODM integration within customized devices with HDMI interfaces, especially ideal for audio devices such as sound bar and amplifier
- Audio manufacturers won’t need to waste effort researching and implementing advanced HDMI & HDCP protocol handling; existing audio products can be upgraded to support these advanced protocols in an easy way
- HDMI 2.0a and DVI 1.0 compatible
- HDCP 1.x and 2.2 compliant
- 4 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs in the standard configuration (Customized input/output port configurations are available)
- HDMI inputs & outputs both support 18Gbps (600MHz) UHD resolutions up to 4K (3840×2160@24/25/30/50/60Hz & 4096×2160@24/25/30/50/60Hz) and PC resolutions from VGA to WUXGA (RB)
- Support for 10-bit & 12-bit HDR (High Dynamic Range) video
- Audio insertion supported through 2 I2S channels or 2 S/PDIF
- Audio extraction supported though 2 I2S channels or 2 S/PDIF or DSD 6 channel
- Support for many audio formats, including LPCM up to 7.1 and Bitstream
- Supports audio reception up to 8 channels
- Internal EDID and External EDID handling for better compatibility with different sink devices
- Easy firmware update via USB thumb drive in the field